Thursday, September 1, 2011

Journal 3- A hostage situation

I have never been in a hostage situation, but if i was i do not know how i would react to it. There are two different ways i could react. In my imagination I would be the person who saves everyone else by attacking the captors. If I were being held hostage by terrorist with a group of people i would be the one to start the idea of escape. In my imagination I would be able to untie the ropes that were bound to our hands and feet. We would wait for the captors to become lazy, to be off the ball. Then I would lead the group of hostages to a rebellion against the terrorists. We would catch them off guard and force each person one by one and take control of them. We would gag each one so that they could not cry out to the other captors. Our escape would move slowly yet surly. Eventually we would break free, having all of their weapons. Then we would use the terrorist as our hostages. We would march them to a place where we safe. After we were safe we would turn the terrorists over to the proper authorities, where they would be held for a fair trial by our just judicial system. All of that was in my imagination however. Now lets talk about what would really happen. If I really were a in a hostage situation I would be scared out of my mind. I do not think that I could handle being in a confined area for an extended period of time. I am a very active person and being still for a long period of time would be one of the best ways they could torture me. The only thing I could do is pray for my captors, and pray for the safety of the other hostages. In reality I think that I would be one of the last people to start a revolt.

No comments:

Post a Comment