Friday, September 16, 2011

Journal 8

Autumn is a great time of year. There are many exciting events in the fall season. My favorite event in the fall season is football. I love to play football there is nothing on earth like the feeling of smashing someone into the ground, or catching the winning touchdown pass. Another exciting happening in autumn is trick-or-treating. When I was younger I loved filling up my pillow case with candy. Now that I am older people are not as willing to give me candy. Now when I go trick-or-treating everyone looks for my younger siblings that should be with me. I like the feeling of fall. There is a distinct feeling fall the cold is different from the cold in the winter. Autumn has a different smell, it smells different. In the fall they also harvest the corn and beans. There is a lot of dust from the harvesting, and the busy buzz of the machinery becomes monotonous. My house is close to and a grain elevator and when the farmers harvest wet crops the put them into dryers. They run the dryers at night, and since I am close to the elevator the noise from the fans can be heard all night. The best thing about autumn is Thanksgiving. I love to eat the wonderful food that my mother and sisters have cooked. I also love to be with my family during the holiday. I do not get to see my brothers very often because one is married and the other lives in Joplin. So when it comes time to see my family around the holiday and the week before and after Thanksgiving. I also hate fall because that is when school starts. Fall is the death of summer, the death of the plants that grew through the summer. Summer is my favorite season because there is no school. All around autumn is an average season, school starts which is dumb, but football is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment